June 11, 2013

How to make a kids pool robe

Between the swimming pools, splash pads, and the beach, we spend a lot of time in the water. I  always  put towels down in my boys' car seats so they don't get wet but it sometimes makes it harder and more awkward to buckle them up. So I decided to make these pool robes. There are a lot of cute patterns out there to follow but most of them cost money so I decided on this free pattern. This pattern is from Sew Mama Sew! 

It is a very easy pattern to follow but I decided to change a few things which made it more complicated then it should have been. I skipped out on the bias tape and just sewed a hem, then instead of buttons which would be hard for my boys to do by themselves, I did eyelet hooks. I also added a collar which seemed to be the most challenging for me because I didn't have a pattern for this. Just in case you are wondering, I did purchase beach towels for Walmart to make these pool robes. They are not perfect but my boys enjoy them and we do get a lot of compliments but that might be because my boys are so cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment