September 2, 2015

23 kid activity ideas with free printable cards

We try to limit the amount of time our kids spend on electronic devices and television but the problem lately is when I say "No" to these things and suggest other activities, there is a lot of complaining, whining, and begging to do what they want. I was getting really frustrated and wanted to figure out a better way to control how much time they were spending on electronic devices or watching television. 

MY SOLUTION: I came up with these activity cards to encourage my kids to be more active and engage in different activities. 


I sat down with my boys and we came up with a list of different activities we could do and we came up with a POINT SYSTEM, so each activity it worth so many points. 


The points are worth either 5, 10, and 15 and are written on the back of each card. Once they reach a certain number of points, then they can trade in their points for electronic device or television time. 

OUR POINT SYSTEM:
  50  points = 20 min of electronic device or television time
  60  points = 30 min of electronic device or television time
  75  points = 45 min of electronic device or television time
100  points = 60 min of electronic device or television time

I also like these activity cards because as a parent it holds me accountable to try to be a better parent to my children and to spend more quality time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment