July 10, 2013

Homemade wheat bread recipe


 My sister in law introduced me to this wheat bread recipe about 4 years ago and I have been making bread for me and my family since then. There is nothing better than the fresh smell of homemade bread cooking in the oven but what is even better is getting to eat the bread just as it comes out of the oven. I try to make bread while my boys are napping but sometimes I am making it late at night when the husbands home. If that does happen, one loaf of bread will disappear quite quickly. It is a good thing this recipe can make up to six loafs or I would be making bread every day. Here is a recipe with some pictures or click here to download.

Homemade Wheat bread recipe

3 Loafs
1 cup
1/8 cup
1/3 cup
1 Tbsp
1 ½ Tbsp
¼ cup
3 cups
2 ½ cup
1 ½ Tbsp

6 Loafs
2 cup
¼ cup
¾ cup
2 Tbsp
3 Tbsp
½ cup
6 cups
5 cups
3 Tbsp
Ingredient
White Flour
White Sugar
Brown Sugar
Salt
Dough Enhancer
Oil
Hot Water
Wheat Flour- I use ½ wheat & ½ white
Yeast

Mix together at (Bosch #1) then add as mixing the following:
 
1 ½ cup                    
1 ½ cup
1 ½ cup

3 cup
3 cup
3 cup
Wheat Flour -  Turn up to Bosch #2
Wheat Flour-   Turn up to Bosch #3
Wheat Flour -  I use ½ wheat & ½ white

Add enough flour until it cleans the sides of the bowl
Set timer and mix for 6 minutes

Pam or Crisco 3 or 6 loaf pans

-Shortening on counter- turn dough onto counter, no need to knead it. Will be sticky. –Using a kitchen scale, divide into 3 loaves.

-Squeeze/ Shapes dough and place in loaf pan
 
 
-Let rise for 1 ½ - 2 hours until slightly above bread pan


-Bake at 350 degree for 25 minutes
-Cool in pans 4-5 minutes
 
 
-Take out of pan and put on side on cooling rack for 5 minutes (This helps the bottom of the bread cool)
-Then turn bread upright to finish cooling.

 

Other Notes:
*You can also use a Kitchen Aid mixer but you probably you will have to knead it yourself because the mixer can’t handle that much dough even for 3 loafs. I just mix the dough for as long as I can in the machine and then knead it myself for the remainder of the time left.

No comments:

Post a Comment